AgriBusiness Congress East Africa 22-23 January 2014
AgriBusiness Congress East Africa will bring together key public & private stakeholders, from across the East African agricultural sector, to encourage collaboration and drive innovation to develop East African Agriculture to position the region to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the growth of this sector.
This two day interactive forum organised by Spintelligent will bring regional and international stakeholders together to examine critical issues surrounding regional trade, harmonisation of standards, import & export legislation, the role of the private sector, and infrastructure development.
By attending, you will benefit from case studies from technical experts and forge new relationships with potential partners looking to advance their position in East Africa.
Issues to be examined include:
- The role of agriculture in the region & strategies to improve competitiveness
- Infrastructure development for an enabling agribusiness sector
- Access to finance and implementation of investment funds
- Promotion of inter-regional trade and export o Harmonization on standards o Customs, levies and duties
- Case studies, highlighting best practice and sharing of technical expertise
- Increasing inclusion of more small scale farmers into the commercial net
- How to enhance co-operation to advance the overall environment for agricultural business
- The role of the private sector
Read more about the event here